Thursday, May 29, 2008

What the thrush!!

What an eventful 24 hours. After virtually no sleep last night and a non-existent nap this morning it was apparent that my little girl was not feeling very well. Having had our first ear infection not more than three weeks ago I decided to get her into the doctor and see what else could possible be wrong. After waiting an hour it was determined that she still had an ear infection (way to go antibiotics) and because of the lame first set of antiobiotics she now has a lovely case of thrush. Thrush is basically a yeast infection in the mouth. Now we are on stronger antibiotics, enzymes to help counter act the stronger antiobiotic killing all the good things in her body (hence the thrush in the first place), more ear drops, as well as an oral medication for the thrush which apparently results in a very purple mouth and also stains everything in sight. Here are a couple of pictures of Gabriella not so happy about her new purple mouth. Thankfully she is now sleeping like an angel due to the many drugs now coursing through her little body. Maybe its time for mommy nap time as well.

3 comments:

bv said...

Holy sad little pictures! I am so sorry to hear about the babes run in with infections and such.

I'm way excited that you are blogging and hope your girly feels better soon!

Lindsey said...

Sadface! My little Gabs is a blueberry! I am definitely not babysitting after all that! Hopefully she'll get better soon! Love ya!

Michelvis said...

HOly crap, I honestly just thought you gave her something purple to eat so you could laugh about it. Probably something that I would do but wow, it really makes her eyes pop!

Poor baby! I hope you both had nice naps.