Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Funny?

A few hours ago I was talking to one of my dear friends all about my new blog. I was excited until she said "I cant wait to read it, I bet its hilarious". I instantly wanted to tell her that I was lying and I didnt have a blog afterall so not to bother looking for it. I realized a little late (after I already sent the link to everyone I know) that my blog is not funny. Not even close. In fact I dont even think I know what funny is anymore.

Is it funny when I realize a little too late that the wet spot on my daughters bum is diahrea and not water, and that I sniffed a little too closely and it got on my lips?

Is it funny that the only pair of jeans that fit me are covered in mashed bananas and drool and yet I wont wash them because they wouldnt fit anymore?

Is it funny that the only web site I really care about is People.com and
only because I am trying to find pictures of celebrities (mainly Brittany Spears) that look worse than I do or that have been admitted to rehab?

Is it funny that I have spent nearly an hour trying to come up with things in my life that might be funny?

In short... I apologize if my blog is not as funny as some. I will do my best to not only include witty dialogue and catchphrases but also other very humorous anecdotes. If this means I must steal pages of script from other peoples funnier blogs than so be it. Please help me also by telling me in your comments how "freaking hilarious" I am. That boost of confidence will surely give me the "oomph" I need to really impress all of you with how funny I am. Again dont forget to comment about me being funny. Thanks!

3 comments:

Lindsey said...

LOL, hee hee, ha ha ha! That was HILLARIOUS! Keep up the good work, you little blogger comic, you!

Michelvis said...

You are hilarious lady. Our blogs of pooping children are similar and yes, funny.

WELCOME TO THE BLOGGING WORLD!

kelliej said...

I love it! I knew you could be funny again, all it took was some coaxing....and how come you don't name this so called "dear friend"...who is she, do I know her?? I bet she's hilarious.