Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Oliver is here!!!

On July 13th we welcomed our little boy Oliver Michael Holmes into the world. It was a pretty quick (3 hours) labor but was probably more pain than any person should have to experience. Needless to say it just might be my last un-medicated delivery. Not only was our little guy large 8 pounds 4 ounces but was also transverse which means face up and not down as he should have been. My poor husband had to literally hold my leg and push on my belly at the same time to get the little kiddo to turn. This was all while my midwife was doing her best to turn him internally. Can someone say ouch! Enough about that.. I cant talk about it too much for fear of nightmares. Our little man was perfect and lovely so it was all worth it. Just might not do it again... EVER!
His big sister loves him to pieces and gives him hugs and kisses CONSTANTLY. She calls him Oldivar and also cutie, honey and buddy. So cute! She is a great helper and loves to help me change his diaper. Her help includes standing on his changing table and gagging at his poopie diapers. Funny and yet challenging all at once. This two kids thing is rocking my world and if I never see or talk to anyone again I do apologize. Im doing my best but there are some days when I feel like I will never see the light of day again. Definitely will never get a good nights sleep again. This is where my friend Cherry Pepsi comes in. Thank you caffeine.
Brian is working constantly so for 5 days out of the week I feel like a single parent. But he is definitely a huge help when he is here. He works so hard and will be starting school soon so we will see even less of him if that is possible. So if any of you want to come and spend some time in Cedar we have a lot of time alone and would love visitors.
Here are the latest pics.. Enjoy! Ill post again soon.. heres hoping.


Maybe we should stop giving her pudding.





3 comments:

Lindsey said...

darling pics! I miss my little niece and nephew! Think you'll be able to make it up for my BBQ? Mom and dad are thinking of coming up this weekend instead, since Oliver is getting blessed next weekend - I'd love it if you could make it! Love ya!

Shayna Rae said...

Your family is adorable!! I miss you all and can't wait to meet little Ollie!! :D

Kristy said...

Congrats! I haven't heard from you in forever. He's a cutie good job on the pushing your a brave one. Let me know when you get up to SLC next it would be fun to see you again!!